I just love that I have a fresh start to look forward to. One of the biggest reasons that I'm really looking forward to this year is the new friends that I have made, particularly over the last couple months. I have been praying, hoping, and pleading for some close friends that I can talk to, get to know, support, gain strength from, and have lots of laughs with. I still miss those few 'old' friends who've chosen not to continue staying in touch, and that hurts, but I can't dwell on that. They will always have a special place in my heart and will always be welcome at any time. *I* have been blessed by knowing them and having them in my life even for just a time.
Another reason is my own frame of mind, at least right now. LOL I am in a better place than I have been in a long time - emotinally and spiritually.
I have plans in place to work on the different parts of my life, some of which I've talked about already.
- A friend and I are going to keep each other accountable for exercising and eating better. I'm still not sure how that's going to work because we are so far apart, and we can't do much more than say, "Naughty, naughty!" hahaha
- The prayer journal has started and I'm going to work on being more consistant with my own personal, quiet time.
- I have a plan in place for getting the house flowing better for us and for making it more "me" with colors.
- A new plan and approach for our homeschooling journey is in process.
Now, these are not "resolutions." That almost sets it up for failure. These are goals to strive for, leading to end results that WILL come as I progress. Progress - plain and simple. I know there will be ups and downs on this road. That's inevitable and simply a part of life. I can only take each valley along with the peaks and keep plugging forward.
And . . . enjoy the journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment