Friday, January 14, 2011

so excited, happy, and even a little hopeful . . .

Such a good day, particularly this afternoon. I met some other homeschool moms and their families! Woo Hoo! There were 6 other moms there and their dc from 1 - 15. (One mom is a friend of mine that I rarely see, which was really nice.)

Scout was home early from school because of mid-terms and I had him come along as well. I told him to behave and only talk positively in regards to homeschooling. LOL Well, he hit it off with the other boys his age!!! Oh, I am just soo excited for him - and this momma heart is bursting. He has even gone overnight with them tonight! THEY asked if he could come. Goodness, how could I refuse!?! This is what I have dreamed for him for Y.E.A.R.S.

I wish that Sport had clicked with someone, but maybe he will.  I'm also a bit pleased that it was Scout who connected because it's usually Sport.  The change was nice, not that I didn't want him to connect.

Princess and Blinger had a great time, too. Princess was playing with my friend's daughter and they had a nice afternoon. She's a bit older but my daughter is starting to grow up a bit, so it worked out well. Blinger met several boys his age and a little older. He's been talking about who his friends are, how many, and wanting to have them over. He seemed to really enjoy mingling and chatting with some boys rather than playing with just his sister.


I am praying that as this group grows and the older boys will make some good friends within the homeschool circle, that they will yet come home - even if it's for their core and using the career center for vocational classes.

It was so nice to visit with other moms in a group setting about homeschooling. We are not all on the same page spiritually, but there doesn't seem to be drastic differences in the spectrum and definitely respect of each other and their beliefs.
It was such a breath of fresh air and I haven't been this happy/content in a long time. Oh, how I've missed interaction. And, of course I just *had* to share it.

Thank you, Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment