Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year-end musings . . .

I have a few minutes tonight and thought I would make some updates.  So much has happened over the last few weeks.  So many things that I've thought would be great to share, but then life continues to happen and I don't get here.  I hope that with some of the other changes in my life that I can post more often.  I want to share with those I care about, hopefully a bit more day-to-day than it has been.  LOL

Recent blessings -
- a more blessed Christmas than we originally thought it would be, including some extra-special things.  ;-) Thank you ;-) 
- a husband who cares and tries, even when I don't deserve it
- clear direction for our school
And, most importanly -
- a God who doesn't let me down, even if it's not what I wanted to happen
AND
- all my children have now accepted the Lord!  I can't think of anything that would beat this one!


For the new year,
A couple of goals that I have are to start a prayer book and to continue with the changes in myself.  The prayer book is sort of a journal.  I'm going to write down the prayers of friends and family with the date.  Then, I can be more consistant and specific in my prayers.  Plus, I can mark and date them when the prayers are answered, with the answers that God has given.  I want the focus to be off of me and my issues and more on others and their struggles/praises.  For my personal changes, I am feeling better already because of the small changes I've made.  I would like to continue that and add some more changes.  Hopefully these will lead to some significant positive directions in different areas of my life.

Happy New Year to all - may you be blessed in the ways HE chooses.  May we see all that HE does with HIS eyes and not our own.

In HIS hands,
K

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have! I love the prayer book idea and I may just go get myself a pretty journal and do the same thing. ;) How wonderful it will be to look back a year from now and rejoice in all of God's blessings.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I look forward to reading about you and your journey.

    Blessings on a beautiful year!

    Dee :)

    James 5:16
    Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.


    When I read this post, I thought of that last sentence of this verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dee. This is so sweet, and I look forward to getting to know you better, too.

    ReplyDelete