Saturday, December 4, 2010

Great deal + excitement.

Captain and I went out today, to check a few things out. I was asking him about modifying some extra cabinets we had for the bathrooms, and he just had to go look at new ones. I HATE spending good money on these types of things until I *know* what I want to do and where, especially when I have a viable option here to make things work smoother already. I just wanted to cry. I know he means well and wants to do things for me, but I can't wrap my head around new when it's not redoing anything. I just want to feel better about everything so we can keep going. And, I'm perfectly content making temporary fixes until we can do the whole thing right.

I had been picking out paint colors for the house so that I could get the dc paint for their rooms for Christmas, and so I could start doing something to the house overall. I need to freshen things up, make it more "me," and to make it feel more like a "home" than the house we live in. After 15+ years here, it's about time!

Well, while we were out, I found out that the local hardware store was having a big sale all day today on everything. I wasn't planning on getting any paint today, but for that price, I picked up all I needed for the Dining Room, the Downstairs Bath, the Bathroom floors (getting rid of the old, broken up tiles), and both of the childrens' bedrooms (for Christmas). (All I have left is the hallways/stairwell, living room, and our bedroom.) Most of the paint choices had extra tint as well, because I wanted some nice colors not just light tints. I saved over $42!!!

I was talking w/ Captain on the way home about how to fix the slopes in the bedrooms until we can totally redo them. We live in a 100+ yr old, 1-1/2 story farmhouse that still has lathe and plaster. The slopes are sagging and are starting to break up and fall off. I saw on HGTV or read in my book how to fix this and it's a great way to do a temp fix until we can insulate and sheetrock. It would also be an inexpensive way to take care of them plus get the paint on w/out a lot of mess. I was a bit surprised when Captain agreed!! He's usually the one to only do it the right way the first time. Now, I'm not one to "mickey mouse," as he calls it, but I am willing to do temporary fixes to clean it up and get it through to the next step.

So, now I am more motivated! I have the paint sitting here and I've been wanting to get the house in order. With it ready and waiting, along w/ knowing that the dc will want to do their rooms right away, I will hopefully have more get-up-and-go to actually get there. Between that and the rest of you... ;-) LET'S GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment