HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ! !
I am so happy that God is who He is - and that I've been blessed by Him. What more could one ask?
We're all good here. Healthy and together. Nothing else matters.
"School" things:
Well, school is school - and it's never going to be "fun" for my crew. I can make it interesting and that has helped w/ some things. But, it'll still boil down to "git 'r dun" and that's about it. LOL It's OK, though. We still have time outside of that for life and fun.
I think I've shifted our year from a typical school calendar to the yearly calendar. If they work hard, they can get it back to the other, but we'll see. It's a whole different train of thought and processing it takes time. One day or step at a time. Besides, w/ God at the helm, it's all going to work out just the way it's supposed to. :-D
"Crafty" notes:
I decided on blanket #3, the "stripes" for Princess. I started putting it together but it's taking some time. There are different numbers of stitches on the edge of each "square," so the pieceing is very time consuming and I have to really focus. It's not one of those things I can do while relaxing or waiting.
I also started a car-seat blanket for my nephew's baby. I've mostly finished it, just those last weaving in of ends.
I've made some really cute booties w/ the Crocodile stitch. What an amazing stitch that is! It looks so complicated but it's really easy once you understand what to do. LOL Those are for my Pastor's newest bundle - who happened to be born on my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 93 this yr. It's been long, and emotional at times, but that's OK.
Currently, I'm working on my 2nd scarf for the students in CT. I need to get that done and mailed out soon. Then, I can start on my project for a friend. She had asked me to make her something at camp. I was looking through my books and online to see what I could find. I think I have something I can do, ordered the yarn, and am looking forward to starting it. I've been praying for her as I go. She was going to be having eye surgery. I can only hope it was good from our perspective because we'll miss her in the kitchen, but I know that ultimately it's all in God's hands and His Will is most important.
And, Princess and I will start going to the Quilt Guild meetings. It's going to be "our thing" and we're going to work on quilting skills together. I'm excited to start working w/ her, something I've wanted to do for a long time. (Interesting how all those things seem to take so long to actually do. >sigh< )
No comments:
Post a Comment